martes, 25 de febrero de 2014

Self Portrait

This has been, as if yet, the most interesting session for me from this workshop. Rolando drove us in one of the School's vans (Even though I wanted to drive) to an art gallery near the city's center. There we were fronted with certain sounds and ideas that were supposed to show us what we looked like to ourselves outside the "canon", or the literal way of seeing things. This took me on a strange trip showing me my favorite things as I closed my eyes and thought of the things that I feel make my life beautiful. I was able to see myself and my life as a beautiful lapis blue E21 3-Series convertible from 1983 being driven by what seemed like to be an anthropomorphic heart with driving gloves and sunglasses, taking the car up and down winding roads on the countryside as the sun was setting, I could almost feel the fading warmth from the sun on my skin, the rapidly descending temperature hitting me with the wind's gusts of air and the soft tremor coming off from the BMW's little engine. 

I was about to take another literal meaning from what an "auto retrato" meant, and still stay out of cannon, I giggled a little.  

Sadly, my vision was barred from the physical world by my poor painting skills, summed with the project's requirement of only painting with out non-dominant hand. Still, it was a fun, eye opening experience that I enjoyed deeply and now I look forward to work on my masterpiece and show it at the end of the semester as expected. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario